What do you make of this? Should i call my doc again?
Hello. i have to say first of all, i havent had seizures for about a year now, and in the past month ive had more than i can count on my fingers. ive been under a lot of stress, and also, i have noticed, mixed with the stress, i get my headaches. i take over the counter medication for my headaches, which because over the last few years, i have kind of destroyed my internal organs taking so much, that i end up with diarrhea almost every time i take a pill. well, as of late, ive been going through this,  along with my stress included, it always seems sure to follow a seizure. I have not been clearly told what types of seizures i have, but, i get complete loss of speech. i can not move my body. my brain tries to communicate that i need to move my arms but i can not. i need to move my legs but i can not. i can not talk, and when i start getting my speech back, at first its a little incoherent. When i get these seizures, i feel complete loss of reality. i get light headed, dizzy, like a aura feeling, then i blank out. i am usually conscious, but i lose control of everything. i was wondering if this is normal, and since i am having them more frequently again, if i need to get a hold of my doctor? i had to reduce my meds a while back because they were affecting other parts of my body. i am also not taking my birth control, so i was wondering if maybe the mixture of all these issues are contributing to the return of the consistant seizures ive been having. I have to stress that i have been under extreme stress! which usually doesnt help the situation. .
Chris,
you need to go see your neurologist and try and cut out as much of the stress as you can. To much stress can help "trigger" a seizure. The longest I have been seizure free was around 5 years. Then they started acting up again and were even worse. I had 3 other types of seizure meds added and I had to get a VNS installed and now they are starting to slow down again. Don't wait and set up an appointment.