complex partial seizures
PLEASE HELP
my son born on december 17th 1999 got epilepsy on august 2005 .He was given valparin chrono 300 mg one tablet in the morning and one tablet in the night .he never got fits thereafter.From June onwards we skipped the tablet in the morning  and gave only during night.But  in the month of february 2008 he got fits once again .Not only that the frequency also increased.He was given oxyetol-150mg half tablet along with valparin chrono 300mg .He was alright for two months Once again in the month of june 2008 he again got seizures Now he is taking the following medicine :
Morning; Encorate-300mg one tablet, Eptoin(phenytoin)-100mg one tablet , Himalayan company's liv 52- one tablet
night: Encorate-500mg one tablet, Eptoin-100mg one tablet l,  liv 52 two tablets.
  YET HE IS GETTING PARTIAL COMPLEX SEIZURES EVERY THREE DAYS
Please help.Please help
I hate to say but that is very common. I have complex partial seizures and my seizures change. When I was younger it wasn't that uncommon for me to have a couple a day. It has taken me forever to get them controlled. I still have seizures but I can go a month without seizures at times but they still pop up every now and then.They are not as profound. I have been on a lot of meds and it took many years to get the seizures somewhat controlled. It doesn't matter how many meds, it just is trial and error. I finally was part of a drug study for lamictal/lamotrigine before it was approved by the FDA in 1983. It with another med have done quite well but like I said I still have them. Not every drug works for everybody. I have tried so many. I am 52 and it still isn't perfect.
i been having sezisures sense 1986,  i was for years taking diantan name brand.  i take the same medicine your son's taking now sense jan. 2012.  its not as good as the dilantan was, for me  name brand works better than genatic.  for me