Epilepsy Community
could the wisdom tooth extraction be the cause of my seizures

This patient support community is for discussions relating to epilepsy, safety, school issues, and transportation issues.

i had my bottom right wisdom tooth extracted, got dry socket and a infection and when i got back to my home town i had to go back to a dentist and get the rest off the tooth taken out that the other dentist missed 1 week later i had the first seizure in my life and now i have had 2 or more seizures a month for the last 7 months what did the dentist do to cause this to happened
probably wasnt your dentist.  you dont have to be a child to start having epilepsy, I had my first seizure at the age of 23.  Sometimes it just happens.  Be sure to go to the doc so they can run some test to make sure that your seizures are just that, and you actually have epilepsy.  2 or more siezures a month is quite a bit, get to the doc so they can start treating you
So just looking around on the web and found this discussion. My dad recently had a wisdom tooth removed (I believe just the bottom). I'm not really sure about what really happened but he came home and his jaw was still hurting. Come to find out it was an infection, not sure what type, and so went back for that. Okay, so time had passed (not certain about a time line...not a long period of time though, within like 3 months maybe) and he still was telling us his jaw was hurting. You could even here it pop and it was definitely bothering him. It seems like he really hasn't been himself after that. So, jaw was popping a lot during this past week and the morning off his seizure. No one was around him when he had it, definitely seizure-like symptons; such as stiff muscles, biting of  the tounge (really bad), he couldn't open his eyes afterwards, confusion, speech wasn't clear, ect. Now, this was his first seizure as well! Nothing like this had ever happend before with him. No major health problems to list, besides his heart racing at times. A real scare to all of my family. We still have no answer as to why it happend nor if it may be linked to something. It is now Monday October 5(still in hospital) seizure took place on Thursday, October 1. While he was here he went into emergency surgery to remove his appendix (didn't rupture). Maybe just coincidental that that showed up when doing test and such. As of right now his jaw still hurts him; apparently rather sharp pains. Also you can here it pop. Any comments?
I began having seizures in the recovery room after having my wisdom teeth removed. I have had them ever since. They have never been properly diagnosed. All that is known is that they are non-epileptic. I never knew that other people had this issue as well. My dental surgeon just brushed it off
had my bottom right wsdom tooth pulled and got infected then i have had seizures almost every other day for about 3 weeks i think that their should be something done for that i have to live the rest of my life like this and my children have to see this i really dont like it at all my husband is the one that clued me in on this and i am thankful that i looked on the internet!!!
i dont understand i had a seizure last night in front of my whole family and kids and last week i had a wisdom tooth pulled and a year ago exacty a year ago a week latter a seizure and if this is a common problem since obviously it is or we wouldnt be here i have a baby a 10 15 16 year olds what if i had been driving my kids in my car my husband took me or maybe i should say forced me to go the RN told me after i told her i thought it was my tooth that was very unlikly so im glad this site is here now i have comformation