Epilepsy Community
do i have a type of epilepsy?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to epilepsy, safety, school issues, and transportation issues.

do i have a type of epilepsy?

im 37 and been healthy till lately as a personal trainer.in the past 6 months ive had 3-4 episodes where i first feel my body going tingly/numb. i then get very hot.. this last a little bit until i all of sudden have to vomit and do a bowel movement both at the same time. I become very light headed and my partner said i lost consciousness for a little bit where he had to wipe my bottom. i had no control over my arms or legs,couldnt move them myself. it was like a was dead. he said picking me up and carrying me to the lounge i felt like a dead weight of 200kg. im only 60kg.i was only semi conscious during that. once on the lounge i suffered hot and cold flushes and when i was cold i was shaking uncontrollably. i had belly cramps which i eased a bit using a wheat pillow. my partner did that for me as i couldnt get up of the lounge.my heart rate was fast during this whole time.my partner said my forehead was cold like ice to touch when i was having a cold flush. this all lasted between 1-2 hours and then i fell asleep. when i woke. i was fine... as if it never happened and make myself something to eat. that was at 9.30pm.. i then went back to bed and woke in the morning feeling fine also. didnt even feel like id had the episode i did the night before. my doctor thinks i had a complex partial seizure. what do you think??
I think that next this is going on you should urge your partner to take you to the ER, maybe even call an ambulance.  It sounds like something is not right, but I can't tell you what.  Seizures can make you very sleepy, so it sounds like that might be what you had.  
It sounds like no matter what you need an EEG.  I'm not trying to scare you, but I'm worried that if you let this keep going you might die.  Please come back and let us know how you are doing.
thanks for your input :) i have an appointment with a nuerologist on the 12th July so i will post back and let you know if they find anything. because it can be about a 4-8 weeks before i have one of these episodes (from backtracking and noting the previous ones) im also tempted to just go up to the hospital and say im worried and see if they can check me out prior to this appointment.. as i was told by my GP i shouldnt drive the car until i see the neurologist but at times need to with my 2 children. so i might try getting it looked into before if i can. will keep you posted :)
thanks :)