Epilepsy Community
drug induced seizure or epilepsy?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to epilepsy, safety, school issues, and transportation issues.

drug induced seizure or epilepsy?

one of my best friends had a seizure last night.
she's 18 yrs old, recently become a more frequent smoker, has been drinking for a while, but never to any point of being drunk. so last night, we met up to go to this bar. she had previously been drinking beer with another friend, about 2 liters, she also had a bit of weed right before we met up. she's not a frequent consumer of weed, she's done it like 5 times at the most. so we were walking to the bus stop and she complained of feeling pressure on her right breast like coming from with in. she kinda rubbed to see if maybe it was the bra that was on to tight but it wasnt. and after a while she said the pressure pain went like right under her right shoulder blade and when we were on the bus, she was doing ok, but when lots of people started getting in she kinda panicked and told me she wasnt feeling right and right when we were about to get off she had a seizure. it lasted a couple of seconds and it was over. we got off and she sat on the grass and took a couple of min just to rest. and that made her feel better. i took her home and she went right to sleep. those few min just resting made her feel better and today in the morning after sleeping it off, she does feel better. but i'm conserned...what happened?! will she be ok, does she have epilepsy? (cause she's never had a seizure before) was it the weed? should she go to the dr?

ohh and after all this, she's so scared she's never smoking weed again thank god, and will take a couple of months to detox herbody of the nicotine and the alcohol
My brother-in-law has this exact same problem.  However, after his first seizure it was discovered that he has epilepsy.  I know that liquor and weed cane make it worse.  If she had a seizure she needs to be seem by a doctor.  My brother-in-law was 19 when he had his first one, and he has had tons of them, most of them at night.  We are not doctors here, and can only tell you what we know.
flipper336 "The happiness of your life... Comment
teddybears4ever2 Welcome to the world Violet... Comment
mkh9 "Is tired" Comment
Jul 26