Aa
A
A
Close
epilepsy
I am a 36 year old female.  I was recently diagnosed with having epilepsy.  I zone out a lot, meaning several times a day.  I was put on lamictal, but had a rather severe allergic (rash) reaction.  Thus, this medication was promptly discontinued.  I'm wondering if finding the best medication, and appropriate dose, might be a lengthy process and take time or is it generally a quick fix once official diagnosis is made?  Also, I am also finding myself dizzy, at times.  This is unusual and not something I am used to.  My balance is a bit off too.  I haven't fallen nor do I believe I will fall.  Just out of sorts.  How long can this process of finding correct drug, and dose, take?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi there,
The selection of drug for epilepsy depends on the specific seizure type and epileptic syndrome. It is important to achieve seizure control through a drug which has minimal side effects, simplicity of dosing schedules and does not affect the patient’s lifestyle. It is best that you discuss your concerns with your doctor. A frank discussion and early initiation of antiepileptic treatment will be helpful. Do keep me posted.
Take care and regards!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
epilepsy
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
1780921_tn?1416842066
Blank
flipper336 Happiness is not something ... Comment
21 hrs ago
1415174_tn?1453246703
Blank