Epilepsy Community
fits?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to epilepsy, safety, school issues, and transportation issues.

fits?

i was told by by doctor that i may of had a petite mal? i looked at him silly because i didnt know what that was, i had severe vertigo for about 5 days, so bad could ony walk by sliding against wall. when he did eye test i couldnt keep my eyes still when looking to the left, on finger test. is this a fit? the eyes feel ok now a bit of pain in right eye, also i had the feeling of my leg moving had to check to make sure is wasnt, hope someone can help many thanks
What your describing I've had similiar experiences.  I also had several days of vertigo its a horrible feeling.  Didnt go to eye doc but am being followed by an epitologist for complex partial seizures.  I also felt that my legs were moving and had to check to make sure if that was the case.  I get many other symptoms or "auras" such as nausea, metalic taste in mouth and fogginess.  I was diagnosed with having seizures after a 5 day Video EEG as inpatient.  I suggest you see a really good neurologist to confirm your diagnosis.
Have you ever lost consciousness?  
Good luck, Mary Beth
thank you Mary Beth, I thought i was going mad, yes i get that foggy feeling as well, I didnt lose conciousness, but i dont know because i woke up like it. the limb moving thing was real scary, I was attacked some years ago and had a fractured skull, but i dont no that, that would cause seizures over 30 yrs later :( I had a constant headache for 4 years it never stopped and have short term mem probs, have got to see neuro when the hospital contacts me
Nope your not going mad!!! Does your doc know about you being attacked and had a fractured skull?  If not it is worth mentioning.  Good luck with the neuro.  MB
didnt mention it to him, but it must be on med records somewhere, thankyou  for the help, if i can help u any time do let me know :)
Mention it again, please dont assume he had read through your whole file.  I appreciate your help.  Put a call in yesterday to neuro, because apparently had a different type of seizure as per hubby.  I guess we'll have to wait and see what doc says.  I'm sure he will just increase my lamictal.  MB
mkh9 commented on Londres70's status
Apr 30
mkh9 commented on Londres70's status
Apr 12
flipper336 "Life is tough, but it's to... Comment
Mar 29