Epilepsy Community
fits?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to epilepsy, safety, school issues, and transportation issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

fits?

i was told by by doctor that i may of had a petite mal? i looked at him silly because i didnt know what that was, i had severe vertigo for about 5 days, so bad could ony walk by sliding against wall. when he did eye test i couldnt keep my eyes still when looking to the left, on finger test. is this a fit? the eyes feel ok now a bit of pain in right eye, also i had the feeling of my leg moving had to check to make sure is wasnt, hope someone can help many thanks
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
What your describing I've had similiar experiences.  I also had several days of vertigo its a horrible feeling.  Didnt go to eye doc but am being followed by an epitologist for complex partial seizures.  I also felt that my legs were moving and had to check to make sure if that was the case.  I get many other symptoms or "auras" such as nausea, metalic taste in mouth and fogginess.  I was diagnosed with having seizures after a 5 day Video EEG as inpatient.  I suggest you see a really good neurologist to confirm your diagnosis.
Have you ever lost consciousness?  
Good luck, Mary Beth
Blank
495035_tn?1221756692
thank you Mary Beth, I thought i was going mad, yes i get that foggy feeling as well, I didnt lose conciousness, but i dont know because i woke up like it. the limb moving thing was real scary, I was attacked some years ago and had a fractured skull, but i dont no that, that would cause seizures over 30 yrs later :( I had a constant headache for 4 years it never stopped and have short term mem probs, have got to see neuro when the hospital contacts me
Blank
Nope your not going mad!!! Does your doc know about you being attacked and had a fractured skull?  If not it is worth mentioning.  Good luck with the neuro.  MB
Blank
495035_tn?1221756692
didnt mention it to him, but it must be on med records somewhere, thankyou  for the help, if i can help u any time do let me know :)
Blank
Mention it again, please dont assume he had read through your whole file.  I appreciate your help.  Put a call in yesterday to neuro, because apparently had a different type of seizure as per hubby.  I guess we'll have to wait and see what doc says.  I'm sure he will just increase my lamictal.  MB
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
1780921_tn?1416842066
Blank
flipper336 "Remember that not getting ... Comment
Dec 14
Blank
MMmommy7 commented on Coumadin and the INR ...
Dec 06
Blank
bswear commented on Headache Note
Nov 30
Top Neurology Answerers
1780921_tn?1416842066
Blank
flipper336
Chandler, AZ
Blank
teddybears4ever2
Minneapolis, MN