Epilepsy Community
infant symptoms help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to epilepsy, safety, school issues, and transportation issues.

infant symptoms help

My two week year old daughetr is moving her head up and down pretty fast, and while she does that her eyes are rolling back.  She usually does this when she is  either falling asleep or in between sleep.  It looks scary, today in addition to that I noticed her leg jerking she does this once to twice a day that I can see.  Is this symtoms (symptoms) of seizures to come shes only two weeks old.  
Just read this,seizures can start at any age.from what you have said it sound like she is already having seizures.don't mean to scare you and I know how scary it to see your child go threw these things.get into your babys doctor and tell him you want to have your baby see a neroligest ,and keep track at what time these things happen and write them down with you date time and what she was doing and take with you to see a neroligest .

I am not a doctor ,but understand again how it feels.

Hope you have already talk to your babys doctor already ,and if not do it right away or next time it happens take her to the ER.

God bless your little baby and help heal her,

please let me know how you made out with the doctors and how your little baby girl is doing and your self.
My daughter was 5 DAYS old,with seizures...she had 5 with in a 24 hour period. Her EEG showed abnormal, you should definately have her checked out to be on the safe side.
Avatar n tn
Hi, I'm from Poland, currently I stay in Ireland (Dublin). My 11-month-old-daughter had 'episode' like move her head up and down but not so fast. It happened to her second time in her life - first episode was month before. She moved her head about 12 times, for few seconds keept the head down. That happened durind the day. She did it about 144 times during one and second day. Irish doctors (prof.) and his students told me, that "children don't have epilepsy". I went to make some tests (EEG) to Poland, and the EEG showed abnormal... Polish doctor told that it seems like first sign of epilepsy, maby West Syndrome. She's very comunicative, she reacts on her name and she's trying saying. So in this case it's fine. But she doesn't make any sign to crawl. Now I don't know should I stay in Ireland or move to Poland. I'm not sure where she'll get better help, therapy. Maby somebody know professional help in Ireland?
mkh9 commented on Londres70's status
Apr 12
flipper336 "Life is tough, but it's to... Comment
Mar 29
mkh9 uploaded new photos
Feb 14