lamictal can it cause more seizures
Freddie has been building up on lamictal since May and it now on his level of 100mg in the morning and the same in the evening.  His seizures have become more frequent since we reached this level (once to twice a week lasting for no more than 40 seconds) and noticeably within an hour or so after taking his morning dose and certainly more prone if taken without enough food in his tummy. Could it be that the lamictal is not going to work for freddie or maybe his dose is too high and his brain is not coping.  Otherwise this child is really healthy and strong and bright as a button. Feedback would be appreciated.
Yes, I think that's possible because my sister also experienced that.
i take 250mg at night and 250mg in morn, the med is the best thing iv ever done for myself. i been on lamictal many years and its great for me. maybe its that the seizures themselves are getting worse and u need to increase the med.
don't believe it is the Medicine .  Some people Seizures change as time goes by. He may need to add another Medicine.  Ask the Doctor about Zarontin for your son and see if they think it could help him. A lot of people  have to take more than I kind of Medicines.

They may want to do a EEG again to see if there is any changes in his EEG from the last one they did.

I know it is scary to watch your child have even more Seizures. Stay strong .