Epilepsy Community
mini or petite
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to epilepsy, safety, school issues, and transportation issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

mini or petite

Hi I am 48  years old I had my first Grandma l seizure 6 months ago and another one three months ago. I also get this staring thing going on a daily basis and getting worse. Some times I am aware of them some are triggered by flash's other times I do not know I am having one. Some days it is just a few other days I can have 7 or more. I also get once in  a while like a gms is coming on I will feel as though I am going to black out. My sight will actually go black for a second get light headed go in a panic start the sweating and so on this will last for about ten minutes or so. After my staring seizures I will be light headed confused some times other times I am fully alert. Here lately I have been going through a exhaustion thing be wide awake then boom have this uncontrollable urge to close my eyes and sleep this can last ten minutes to hours and can happen several times during the day. I just got done with a EEG and MRI still waiting on results. Last night went to bed with jaw pain and woke with jaw pain and headache. Some say I have complex but it feels like I am just day dreaming my concerns are the confusion memory loss and the days I can not focus on any thing nothing makes any sense at all. The other is the uncontrolled sleeping is this part of my seizures can some one have seizures being wide awake and not be aware of it? Could it effect my jaw I know it can cause headaches. So any insight will be appreciated waiting to see neurologist in April.  
Hi there,
Temperomandibular joint disorders, migraine, stress all can cause jaw pain and headaches. In epilepsy few people may have simple staring spells, while others have violent shaking and loss of alertness. The type of seizure depends on the part of the brain affected and cause of epilepsy. Daytime drowsiness is common epilepsy and it may be related to persistent seizures or seizure medications. The EEG and MRI results will be helpful in arriving at a diagnosis. You also need to rule out if seizures are due to a tumor, abnormal blood vessels, or bleeding in the brain. It will be helpful to get blood sugar, blood chemistry also done. Discuss your concerns with your neurologist. Do keep me posted about how you are doing.
Best luck and kid regards!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
1780921_tn?1384615710
Blank
flipper336 "The best thing about the f... Comment
18 hrs ago
Blank
mkh9 Slowly getting back to "nor... Comment