Epilepsy Community
my husbands MRI of the brain, need answers!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to epilepsy, safety, school issues, and transportation issues.

my husband has had a calcified are in the left temporal lobe they found at age 14 after onset of epilepsy. he is now 43 yrs old. his most recent mri one yr ago.showed that plus two NEW things. abnormal 10x13x11mm area T2 hyperintensity within mid brain on left side at the level of the trochlear nucleus adjacent to the cerebral aquaduct.
also mild asymmetry of the lateral venticles left greater than the right.  we only just got this report in the mail 2 days ago.  the original  area he has had for yrs is 12x14x25 mm intra axial structure within the medial aspect of the temporal lobe, demonstraing low signal intensity on both T1 and T2 weighted images with no enhancement on post contrast images.
he has frequent headaches. grand mals, petit mals,  different types of seizures. since age of 14.  after seizures he has worsening of expressive and receptive speech. he also has audio and visual hallucinations at times.   we do not understand the latest report. "what it means"
the dr. is no longer at the place he had it done at. we dont know if this is an emergent thing to have further eval done or not. he is on depakote 750mg 3 times a day and 300 mg of trileptol twice a day. still have seizures at least once a week with long post ictal phase.
the calcified area is a cavernous hemangioma.  please respond to my question above
darobow added the Heart Rhythm Tracker
Aug 14
darobow joined this community
Welcome them!
Aug 14
UnsureMS Prays you know God Has You,... Comment
Aug 03