nose bleeds and seizures
i ahve a 13yr old son. im worried about his nose bleeds. when i was around his age i had a very bad nose bleed and my first seizure. i have had 2 bad nose bleeds and both ended with seizures. now my son is starting to have nose bleeds alot. im worried he will have seizures to. i have granmal seizures , i have them without nose bleeds. the nose bleed is just how my first seizure started. i have two other kids and there nose dosent bleed . does my sons nose bleeding mean he will have seizures to? im worried about my son. could nose bleeding be a sign of epilepsy?
i took my son to the er this morning, his nose kept bleeding and he started running a fever, thank god its nothing serious.he has a sinuis infection and dry nose. i can sleep now

That is good to hear. The most common causes of nosebleeds are dryness, nose picking, injuries, colds, allergies, infections, and blood clotting disorders. The nose has many blood vessels in it to help warm and humidify the air you breathe. These vessels lie close to the surface, making them easy to injure. This is not necessarily related to seizures as in your previous case. Continue with  the medications prescribed and he'll be better in no time. Take care and regards.
i will continue with the meds. i will have him tested for allergies to. the er doctor suggested he could have some type of allergie. i am very relieved that the nose bleeds dosent mean seizures.thanks for your help,brainpain.