Epilepsy Community
passing out or seiures?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to epilepsy, safety, school issues, and transportation issues.

passing out or seiures?

I have a long history of passing out. Basically i get very hot and sweaty, my ears ring really bad, and my vision goes black slowly. If i sit down, I usually come out of it witin a minute. I decided to go see a neurologist because I wasnt sure if it was something serious. They did an eeg which came back abnormal, they said i had spikes and told me i had temporal lobe epilepsy. I stopped taking the medicine because it made me feel drugged and I feel liek I dont need it, I dont feel like i am having seizures because to me, im just passing out! I am worried something could be really wrong. It happens at random times. Ive even woke up from a sound sleep sweating extremely bad and passed out. PLease help! :(
First I will have to say take your meds!! If they make you feel drugged talk to your neurologist about switching to a different type or dose. I also have temporal lobe epilepsy due to a brain tumor I had. I have all of your symptoms and know that it frustrating dealing with it.The last time I passed out was Saturday morning cutting my shoulder and hitting my head on our tile floor. If you are really worried talk to your neurologist about having a MRI done and going to a Epilepsy Monitoring Unit for testing.
I will say this take your medication.  I have a brother-in-law who is kind of an idiot and will decide to be iron man sometimes and not take his medication.  I promise you it never goes well, he will without a doubt have a seizure.  Which is why everyone around him will remind him to take his medication.  I guess what I am trying to say is talk to a doctor before discontinuing any medication, oh and go in for blood checks to make sure that it is working.
Thanks! Its just so frustrating!