Epilepsy Community
really epilepsy?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to epilepsy, safety, school issues, and transportation issues.

really epilepsy?

I'm so confused and frustrated. I have temporal lobe epilepsy that radiates into the occipital lobe. I've been completely controlled for 3 years with tegretol. A week ago i had an event in which my body felt 10 times heavier, i was slurring, had a strange headache and was nauseous. The next day i slept for the entire day and the following day i was absolutely fine. A few days ago i was on my way to work when suddenly i felt extremely drowzy, nauseous and week. Since then, for most of the day i just haven't been able to stay awake and i have periods of extreme drowziness and nausea that pass after a few hours and i'm very irritable with a strange sense of dread. My doctor says these are breakthrough seizures and has increased my tegretol. But i've been reading on the net and my symptoms just don't seem typical of seizures at all. Certainly, when i used to have tonic clonic seizures i used to sleep for a few days and had that same heavy feeling and slurring, but i don't think i've had any tonic clonics because i haven't injured myself and don't have muscle pain that always corresponded with my tonic clonics in the past. Can anyone relate to these recent events of mine? I just don't seem to be getting better. It's been 3 days that i've felt like this.