seizure and memory loss
I recently experienced my 3rd GranMal seizure.  1st 1 was in 1988; 2nd 1 was in 2006; 3rd 2 mos ago.  I was not conscious during any of the events and no memory of the event other than the disorientation afterwards.  3rd seizure lasted longest and I am having serious memory issues....short term and long term.  Also having cognitive issues.  Was on Keppra, but had all the ugly side affects, now on Lamictal.  Is this memory loss permanent?  If not permanent, when will go away, what can I do to improve memory.  I am scared I will never be able to work again. Thank you.
I also have had three granmal seizures.  Some of the memory loss is permanent.   I have regained some of my short term memory ability, I use puzzles and such to keep my brain active and learning.    Sorry to hear about this, wish it werent happening to any of us!