seizure caused by reaction to drug??
hi, i recently had a seizure, it only lasted a couple of seconds and i didnt lose consciousness. thankfully it happnd when i was lying down, but it was scary. iv never had a seizure before, and no family history of anything like this. the gp took it v seriously and is refering me to neurology, but he said i might never be able to drive again.
i think the seizure was a reaction to a drug i was taking for an infection because i had taken it literally 3-4 hours before the seizure happened. it isnt listed as a side effect of the drug as such, but it does say on the drug info that 'fits have been reported but whether they were due to the drug is questionable'. my gp said u cant prove either way whether it was the drug or not, and so i still might not be able to drive, but surely if it says the word 'fits' on the drug info think its a bit of a coincidence?
has anyone else ever had a fit in reaction to a medication?

There are some medications that may cause seizure as a side effect. However, what occurs to one may not occur to another. This is why it is difficult to prove this. Let us wait for your neurology consult to help clear some things and rule out this medicine issue.

Take care and do keep us posted.