Epilepsy Community
seizure causing breathing problems?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to epilepsy, safety, school issues, and transportation issues.

seizure causing breathing problems?

I am brand new to this world because my 22-mo-old son seems to have had a seizure the other day.  I dropped him off at daycare and after I left he just continued to stand there.  after a minute or 2 he just fell and happened to hit his head on the table on the way down.  when the teacher got to him she said he was limp and purple and breathing shallow.  within a minute his color was back and he was fine, though the rest of the day he seemed kinda out of it and much more clingy to me than normal.  

after the time at the hospital, I just found out that my mother suffers from Complex Partial Seizures though unconfirmed because one has never happened during testing I guess.

Well, it seems like maybe that is what my son had, except I can't find anything about a CPS causing breathing difficulties or even breathing lapses (my initial thought was that had had stopped breathing, causing him to turn purple, but had started breathing again by the time the teacher got to him).  maybe the breathing thing makes it so it couldn't be a seizure?  idk....

any thoughts?
I have had seizures all my life i'am 52 with no luck . there are only 2 drugs that i haven"t been on.and yet they aren't working. i was wondering  i seem to start coughing very bad and then my seizures start for about 2hrs does this have anything to do with my seizures breathing and coughing .thank you.Denise
flipper336 "If you can't feed a hundre... Comment
Jul 12
UnsureMS Trusting in God is the best... Comment
Jul 08
embee24 commented on Headache Note
May 24