Epilepsy Community
seizure

This patient support community is for discussions relating to epilepsy, safety, school issues, and transportation issues.

seizure

I had one seizure about 3 weeks ago,and so far its unexplained...I just had a eeg done today and are waiting for results...could this possibly never happen again? and are there such things as only one seizure and never having another one?? What could some of the causes be?
Many people experience a once off seizure (I think it's something like 1% of the population) Were you doing anything at the time that could have triggered it? The only thing you can do at the moment is wait for the EEG results and that will determine where you will go from here.
Take care
My son's girlfriend recently suffered a seizure.  This is the second one I know of since the earlier one was about 6 months ago again at my home.
She says that the first seizure she suffered was years back.
My son had her taken to the hospital and she was there 3 nights under observation.  They performed 2 EEG's on her.  One of these were hooked up to her and while hooked up to the EEG, it registered a seizure to the left side of her brain.
She was released from the hospital yesterday and told she should not drive for 6 months.  She was given medication and told to schedule a visit in 2 or 3 She told me she hit her head twice as a child.  She also had bells palsy when she was 14.  I don't know if any early event is relevant to these seizures.  I am not sure if they checked for Epilepsy but she seems to think she doesn't have that illness.