Epilepsy Community
sleep and epilepsy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to epilepsy, safety, school issues, and transportation issues.

sleep and epilepsy

hi my two year old son has just been diagnosed with petti mal seizures he gets very upset when he has a fit all he does is freeze stare into space then he comes to next week he is due to have a mri scan is it possible for this scan mot to show up anything and does anyone no if these fits can happen during there sleep as my son often wakes up for no reason but does twitch and jerk alot in his sleep
Tags: epilepsy
I am not sure about the mri but my husband also has seizures and I know he has them in his sleep. He sometimes has them bad enough to shake the bed and wake me up. He does not even realize they are happening but when he wakes up the next morning he is sore and cranky. I hope you and he both get the help you need. Good luck and God bless.

Sissie
Hello im not sure about the type your son has. My husband has just been told that he has epilepsy as he had two seizures different times but both while sleeping it is common to have them any time of the day scary but our neurologist was explaning that there is different parts of the brain it happens to so depending on the type your son has it might not happen to him and some time when your younger you can grow out of it as some medication will help make it go as well but this is only some people hope it helps and good luck just make sure they get on top of the medication xo
mkh9 commented on Londres70's status
mkh9 commented on Londres70's status
Apr 12
flipper336 "Life is tough, but it's to... Comment
Mar 29