Epilepsy Community
what does f4 spikes and f8 spikes mean
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to epilepsy, safety, school issues, and transportation issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

what does f4 spikes and f8 spikes mean

I just recently finished my second eeg. the doctors kept me for 8 days. I am diagnosed with epilepsy although they have not determined what kind yet. I have many partal seizures apparently with grandmals and every other type of seizure. My first grandmal was a year and a half ago I am now 24. After that event many people have crawled out of the woodwork telling me about other seizures they have witness me having even as a child but they never found it their place to diagnosed. Most of my seizures accur during sleep however they seem to be getting worse. now I have them during the day. I have many questions since I never knew anyone with epilepsy or even that has had seizures. paramedics have witnessed me having a seizure and my eeg showed a partial seizure. they just told me that the seizures are too deep in my brain to find the exact source. I seem to get them after a stress full situation when it is over and I can relax. I have many questions about the findings of this eeg. They wrote up many things in their first report. Can someone explain some of the things they wrote up? they are as followed. Organic brain disease. spikes f4-f8 often. Spindeling with my sleep patterns. artifacts. depression with sleep lasting 3 days following a seizure with corresponding spikes. most spikes are on my right frontal lobe but some are found other places. right side weakness. higher thrushhold with what seems to be ability to hold off some seizures.  i also seem to become dumber since my seizures have gotten worse. Mostly in my spelling, grammer, and speech. I am college educated and use to be excellent at all of that. I use the wrong names and words often. can any one help me. Sorry for the lengthy post.