Aa
A
A
Close
Amoxicillin and Mono
If I suspect Mono, and took a 3 day course of Amoxicillin (10 pills) and developed no rash, can I pretty much rule out mono?

Some sources state 80-90% of those taking Amoxicillin with Mono develop the rash, while I've even seen 99% as a percentage.

I actually want it to be Mono, instead of something worse, but I'm starting to fear the worst.

Have any of you had Mono, been misdiagnosed with Strep and took Amoxicillin, and NOT get the rash?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I’m late answering this but i was diagnosed with strep even though i suspected mono but the doctor put me on amoxicillin anyways. I had taken seven days of amoxicillin feeling the sickest i had ever felt but developed no rash so the doctor didn’t worry. After 7 days of being on amoxicillin my throat finally felt better and i did not feel sick anymore. I went to sleep that night and woke up at 5am itching and had developed a full body rash over night. I got tested and it turns out i had mono all along so now i am just waiting for this rash to go away even though i no longer have the sore throat or any other problems.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.
Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community Resources
Top Infectious Diseases Answerers
1415174 tn?1453246703
Blank