Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community
Can someone please give me their thoughts
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Epstein Barr Virus (EBV), chronic EBV, and infectious mononucleosis (mono).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can someone please give me their thoughts

Hello Everyone

First of this forum is great. I have been looking into what I am praying is the wrong thing which has been HIV. Over three years I have been tested 18 times and have had an undetectable viral load after 10 weeks past a one time encounter of unprotected vaginal and oral sex with a few male 22 years old. I am a male 24 years old and have only been with 5 woman. One of which is Now my fiance. This happened before I met my fiance.

What happened was after this three years ago I became sick with a weird virus. I had a mono like illness and was tested with a rapid mono spot after 7 weeks but the rapid mono was negative. I had a sore throat for what seemed like 6 months . my fever was not very high and only lasted a few days. but I have swollen lymphnodes everywhere ranging from marble to pea sized. one behind my right ear , one on each side of my neck, and a few on each side under my arms. I can also feel some by my shoulder and pectoral  muscle.

I have had several weird neurological issues like sensations running down my legs and in my abdominal area. like tingling or sensations. My tonsils have been extremely red and pitted for 3 years since this took place and I have white tonsil stones that come and go. they are gross.

I guess my questions are has anyone experienced anything like this? I am not always fatigued However, I am extremely busy. Full time college student and work full time also. busy busy life. I also have had several weird marks on my skin where it was completely clear before . Although I  now as you age more and more things show up.

I guess why I am scared is because my fiance recently has had thrush. She is a RN 23 years old only been with 2 people myself is one of them. I have had 18 negative HIV test out to 3 years one of which was a undetectable viral load. At this posint I dont see how this could be HIV so I have heard the EBV has done some crazy things to people. I am praying this is just chronic EBV.

My finace is also a long term Birth control user. I have been told that BC can cause several crazy things within th ebody also due to messing with hormones.

Can someone please tell me their thoughts. I dont see how this can be HIV at this point.