Child with High SED, SS-A, IgE and IgA
My seven year old has been having reoccuring fevers of 101-103 every month since October but other than that no symptoms.  She recently had some blood work with the following results; SED rate 40, Sjogren's Anti-SS-A 1368, IgE 923 and IgG 1538.  She has some food/environmental allergies we were not aware of and it is allergy season, could that be enough explaination of the high SED rate or is that really high in a child.  There is no external sign of inflammation and other than when she has the fevers she is healthy and full of energy.  We were referred to an Pediatric RA and she ruled out Lupus right away but from what I have read immunity diseases can have an incubation period of several years before symptoms show up.  Any feelings on what this could be?  I am so worried about my little girl.
A SED rate of 40 would be considered very high in anyone not just a child. high SED rates indicate inflammation of some type and can be seen in autoimmune diseases. Have they tested for any viruses EBV, CMV, ect I would also ask about a LYME test (Do you live near deer ticks?) I would go and follow this up with another DR if you have to. I have heard of high SED rates in CFIDS and many other conditions (it is a not specific to any one disease more testing is needed to rule out everything else) Finding answers to these problems can sometimes take a very long time you may want to start some kind of a log of tests done, symptoms observed, dates and time of day just anything you can think of so when you see a DR you will not forget stuff. good luck and keep us posted