Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community
Chronic EBV
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Epstein Barr Virus (EBV), chronic EBV, and infectious mononucleosis (mono).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chronic EBV

I have been dealing with this illness since I was a teenager. Whenever I would get run down or overstressed I will get very sick, tired and my glands under my chin get very swollen and painful. For the past year or so it has been non-stop. Every morning when I wake up it hurts to turn my head my glands are so swollen. I have been taking Lysine which was working for awhile but is not helping anymore. Does anyone know of other supplements that could help?
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
These are the vitamins that I heard may help but I have tried a lot of them and so far no significant help:

fish oil
olive leaf extract
coenzyme Q10
creatine
Red algae extract (forgot the name)
zinc
magnesium (for muscles)

that's about it ...I am sure I am forgetting something. But pretty much anything that supports the immune system as well. Hope you have  better luck with them than I did!
Also, you probably know this but avoid sweets as viruses feed on sugars.
Blank
coconut grapefruit seed  extract and garlic all have antiviral affects
Blank

Since I'm currently on a research protocol, I can't take most supplements. However, this is what my physician prescribed me (and a couple of my own additions) before I started the MP:

- B12 (injections or drops) I purchase B12 drops at Walgreens
- magnesium (I buy the powered magnesium and add it to my drinking water)
- CoEnzyme Q10
- Wild Salmon oil or flax seed oil --- omega 3 acids are very beneficial and help with inflammation
- ACETYL Carnitine
- D-Ribose
- DHEA
- licorice root (liquid form) - helps fight adrenal fatigue, inflammation, etc.
- Bragg raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar ---- one shot of this in my water and I have a burst of energy. I was so impressed that I went online and read about the other health benefits of using this product. I believe it now. ; ^ )
- Boron (for bone health)
Blank

Oops -- two more. The olive left extract that kickstar mentioned and Zinc. Both of them are supposed to help your immune system.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank