Confused about test results
I have been having liver problems (high liver enzymes AST and ALT) and they finally did an EBV test on me (I showed no other symptoms for EBV so it took awhile for them to run the tests).  They first thought the liver issues were medicine induced but after they did the EBV tests they informed me I tested positive for EBV so that I did have acute viral hepatitis.  But from reading on the internet, I'm thinking it could be that the results just mean that I had it EBV sometime, not necessarily now.  I was unable to talk to the doctor today and unfortunately she is going on vacation so I won't be able to talk to her until the week after next.  Any help interpreting the results would be highly appreciated.  Here are the results:

EBV VCA antibody (IGM) = 1.41 H
EBV VCA antibody (IGG) = 3.84 H
EBV (EBNA antibody IGG) = >5.00 H

According to the following website: http://www.labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/ebv/test.html  
these results would indicate a past infection - not current.  Am I wrong?  Can anyone tell me what these results mean?  I don't think they ever did a mono test on me (the heterophile IgM test).  And I don't see anything like an EA - D test.  

Does anyone know what the normal levels are?  I'm just wondering how high mine.

Thank you!
Hi, and welcome!  I found the labtestsonline.org website pretty helpful when I was really battling EBV about a year ago, but it did seem to be a little fuzzy on the EVB tests.  I don't remember offhand what my numbers were, or what normal is for that matter.  I do remember my test results showed a comparison with "normal" results.  Do yours have anything similar?  I'm guessing the "H" means High in your tests.  From what I can tell based on that, I would agree with you; it looks more like a past infection.  But some of the other indicators, especially the liver enzymes, point more toward a current infection, so that's a little confusing.  Also, I was under the impression that hepatitis caused by EBV is not viral hepatitis.  I believe viral hepatitis is if you have Hep. A,B,C, or something like that.  And hepatitis, just by itself, just means inflammation of the liver.  At least, that's what I understood from when I was going through this stuff.  So, I don't know if this helps at all; if not, sorry, I'm not a doctor!  I do wish you the best in battling this though.  It can be a tough sickness to beat, but it can be done!