Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community
Convalescent phase?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Epstein Barr Virus (EBV), chronic EBV, and infectious mononucleosis (mono).

Convalescent phase?

For the past two and a half years, my VCA IgG, EBNA IgG and VCA IgM results have been high (Early Antigen is negative.) Going by the interpretation charts, it seems like I'm in the "convalescent phase." But isn't two and a half years an awfully long time to be convalescing? (If I had mono I never knew it, so this may have been going on even longer than that.) For the past few years I've been dealing with fatigue, problems concentrating/remembering things/struggling to find words when I speak, etc. It's starting to interfere with my job, and I have almost no social life because of it. I know that EBV stays in your system for life, but I thought the VCA IgM disappeared not long after the initial infection? Has anyone experienced something like this?
Hi, I think a lot of people have experienced symptoms similar to this.  Personally, it took me over a year to get over an EBV relapse.  I had the EBV titers test multiple times but can't recall what any of the results were, or a timeframe, for that matter.  Have you tried making any lifestyle changes to benefit your health?  In other words, try to get as much rest as possible, eat healthy (vitamins, etc.), and so on.  I know it's not easy to put a "hold" on your normal life, but if you can do that, you may start to see improvement; it may be that your body is just getting more and more worn down in trying to fight the virus.  Has your doctor had anything to say about all this?
just wonderinghow you have been feeling mate i have had IgM and IgG detected in my blood work tghe last 6 months .This thing doesnt want t o go AWAY.. i have burning skin and red patches like rash that is very itchy if i dnt take anti histamines ... Fatigue is somewhat better and i am getting my appetite back,shortness ofbreath is on /off as is muscle aches and pains including joints
I have had the same thing for more than a year....apparently my results fit in the "convalescent phase", I AM TIIIIIIIRED, EXTREMELY TIRED ALL THE TIME. My Rheumatologist also found that I has Rheumatoid Arthritis-(my sed rated/RF was normal), she checked my CCP and it was high. Also, my TPO antibodies were high, and diagnosed me with Hashimoto's. I do have a hx of Melanoma 4yrs ago, and a BCCA on my leg a few months ago. My platelets show low, but my oncologist says its because my platelets "clump" and have "satelliting"......they showed 97, low 100's........Im only 39, what the heck?? if anybody has a suggestion or thought it would be appreciated. Thanks