Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community
Do I have herpes because of my EBV?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Epstein Barr Virus (EBV), chronic EBV, and infectious mononucleosis (mono).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Do I have herpes because of my EBV?

So a little over a month ago, I was diagnosed with EBV. I am 21 years old, female. I've been taking B12 every day & getting a shot of it in my rear once a week. I feel a lot better than I did (I was basically bedridden for over 6 months). When I was about 15 or 16, I had shingles. Now I have these scabby things on my chin, which seem to be spreading. I thought it was just a zit, I popped it. Then more started popping up & they become huge scabs & are painful. I don't know what to do & I'm starting to think they aren't zits. If anyone has any information that can help me in this situation, it would be much appreciated. Thank you!
Have they done a culture on your scabs or sores on your mouth area? Those could be bacterial (Staph) or viral Herpes. But EBV does not show up as scabs as you are describing.  Did you get your results from the EBV blood tests? Did they also say you had mono or just that your EBV was positive for IGM or IGG or what are the specifics? Don't try to pop or scratch the scabs as this may spread them even further whether they are caused by a virus or a bacteria. You are very young to get shingles. Usually, you get chickenpox as a child or some get it later. Then you get shingles as an older adult. Do you have any other symptoms, such as fever, sore throat , swollen lymph nodes?
mkh9
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank