Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community
Does Mono symptoms reoccur while healing?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Epstein Barr Virus (EBV), chronic EBV, and infectious mononucleosis (mono).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Does Mono symptoms reoccur while healing?

I got Mono symptoms starting 2/21/2011 initially.5.5- 6 weeks after inital symptoms, I got a very mild tingling sensation in my throat that was almost unoticable, and my doctor siad during my follow up visit the my throat was till red. A few days after I got the same symptoms as intially, which were Sore throat, swollen tonsils with exudate, body aches and throbbing, aching lymphs nodes in neck. This time the symptoms were milder than than the first time, but my nodes started to swell around the chin about a week after my doc told me my throat was red and this time I did not have tonsilitis. then a couple days later I felt more throbbing under my jaw. A day later, throbbing in my neck, then 2 days later I felt a buring sensation down both sides of the back of my neck.The next morning I felt tiny nodes on the back of the right side of my neck, then under my armpits. Beofore when I had mono, I only developed nodes in the neck. Is it normal for mono to reappear after 6 weeks of initial symptoms? What scares me was I had sex 2 weeks before where the condom failed, which puts me at risk for being tested for hiv and that the symptoms of early hiv infection and mon resemble each other. I am trying to figure out if relapse this in mono is normal or do I need to be retested for hiv?