EBV Test POS/NEG/POS
I had 3 labs for EBV done. First and last were at the same lab, middle one taken at a different lab.  Tested Positive in Feb, Negative in March, and Positive in April.  I am trying to be a kidney donor.  They want me to see an Infectious Disease Doctor because they say they have never seen results like this, and need someone who is more familiar with the virus to see me.  What are they looking for?  Has anyone else heard of such results before?  Thanks for your help!
Hi there
I'm not a doctor but my daughter actually had EBV. From what they told me people can go through their lives with the virus laying dormant. Sometimes, if you have had it, you can get a flare up ages later but it does go quicker.

As only a lay person and a mum, I would say to go to the special doctor, if for nothing else, to get tested in a different, more specialised place and find out what exactly is going on. It looks quite suspect re testing that 2 different labs came up with conflicting results. For your own peace of mind, just go where they've advised. One lab may have got your results mixed up with someone of the same name, one lab may be a rubbish tester, who knows? I don't think you have any exotic disease, but it will be good to be tested at a specialist place. Just mention your confusion to the posh doc. In my experience, just going stops you worrying. Good luck.