EBV and candida
Does anyone else deal with candida issues or am I the only one that got chronic oral thrush with EBV

Hi Chris,

I also have candida issues. I had tried a candida free diet years ago and that helped some of my symptoms, but obviously did not cure me.

I agree with many researchers and physicians --- that CFIDS patients have a successive infection. Of course that would explain why my white cell count was often elevated. I hope that everyone here is being treated for the actual infection, either with antiviral drugs, homeopathy or antibiotics. I'm on the Marshall Protocol and being treated with very low dose antibiotics. Just like lyme disease patients, I feel worse after I take the antibiotics because of the immunopathology. The bacteria (mycoplasma) is dying and it makes me feel like I'm detoxing. I guess that it is a good thing because it tells me that this protocol is working. Obviously if I were healthy, I wouldn't be having the herxing symptoms. And I've already made some successes on this protocol that I already told you about... my tachycardia is only present on bad "herxing" days, my allergies are better, my menses started again, my headaches are almost completely gone and when I take breaks from the protocol, I have so much more energy. I'm obviously making progress.

The other two options are homeopathy and Dr. Montoya's research protocol using a very powerful antiviral drug. I know that Dr. Montoya's treatment isn't available yet, but he's doing another study right now and the results should come out soon. I also mention homeopathy because there is a company selling a homeopathic remedy for EBV. My friend tried it and it gave her those detoxing symptoms.... which was great. She felt  better after doing that. I know years ago before I had a diagnosis, my acupunturist also gave me some homeopathic remedies that were made to boost your immune system and kill infections. I felt great after I finished her treatment... but I relapsed years later.