EBV and elevated liver enzymes
Hi all,

I am a 56 year old woman and was diagnosed 6 months ago with EBV.  I had a sore throat, etc. but was not as bad as others I have heard about.  For example, I did not have overwhelming fatigue at all, and generally feel fine.  However, my liver enzymes have been elevated to twice the normal amount ever since that time.  I was tested 6 months ago for all types of liver disease (hep a, b, c, etc.), had an ultrasound, and a CT-scan of my abdomen and all of those tests came back normal.  So my question is, it is reasonable for my ALT and AST to be high for 6 months due to EBV?
Hi my daughter is 15 and was ill the end of June 2013, she had severe EBV and was admitted to hospital and was put on a drip. Her liver enzymes went up to 1151 at that time, they are still raised today at 37. I think it may be reasonable to say that it would take that long to get them right back to normal. She still has to have her liver and kidneys monitored.