Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community
EBV

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Epstein Barr Virus (EBV), chronic EBV, and infectious mononucleosis (mono).

EBV

Has anyone found anything that helps them with the horrible fatigue?  I am acyclovir and yesterday my doc. put me on trazodone to take in the morning.  It has made me feel more tired than I normally do which I though was impossible.  He has mentioned Ritalin has anyone been on this and had any luck?  I am really sick of being sick and really tired of being tired.  I also have chronic fatigue syndrome.  I have been on every antidepressant out there due to a stupid doctor that I had telling me that I had severe depression and wouldn't even listen to me or test me.  I took five years to finally find out why I am so sick and extremely tired.  The last three months I feel so bad.  I had him do more blood work just to see what my EBV levels are at now.  I know it will be high.  I just don't even want to get out of bed but I have to because I have two children one is in the first grade and the other is now in pre-school.   I just want to sleep all day and all night.  I could sleep my life away.  I wish they would find something to help with this illness.

Thanks for reading,
Angel
I just recovered from the mono.
I can proudly say that with God's kind grace I beat the virus in the third week and was back playing basketball in the fourth week.
I switched from these stupid antibiotics that docs tend to give to homeopath and successfully fought the virus and the low grade fever(whick spiked every evening and night) after 3 days of homeopath treatment.
I stopped that advil and ate stuff to strengthen my immunity.
I felt like I was on my deathbed to be honest but with strong will and God's kind grace ;i am 100% functional.
Our minds can rise above ourbodies and we need to back ourselves up.
If I can do it...so CAN YOU.

rgds
That's great to hear, sstnow, but everyone is different!  In this case, since cody12305 has CFS, she's dealing with a lot more than just EBV.  I wish there was something I could tell you to help, cody12305, but it sounds like you're doing everything you can (eating healthy, getting lots of rest) while still trying to go on with life.  The best advice I can give you is just to try to rest as absolutely much as possible!!  I hate to kind of send you "away", but have you tried posting anything in the Chronic Fatigue forum?
Anyway, I hope things start improving for you soon!
I've lived with the CFS virus since 1987.  The first 4 years I was bedridden to a point I could not walk up the stairs inside or outside my own home.  I had two young children at the time, and lovely, lovely neighbors, and my mom on occasion, who is the only person to have stuck by me through all these years. After that I went into remission and had my own business for several years.  I never fully recovered to my mountain climbing days, but I have done OK for myself so there is hope.  I recovered to the point I did, after finding massage therapies that worked for me and was consistent with that.  I also had a very smart MD who put me on Acyclovir, which I have taken on and off when I feel a flare-up.  I also take a chelated multi-vitamin from Whole Foods.  I also have become involved in a line of immune and health support which I find fantastic.  I am not wealthy and have to watch my pocketbook but I also love feeling good and it works for me.  I also do Chi Gung and have a gentle spiritual practice.  I also do gentle stretching daily and walk every day unless I get super flared which is extremely rare.  I got back up to 90%.  Never 100%.  Mostly now about 87% over the past 20 years.  I am lucky to have a doctor who also trusts my judgement so keeps me supplied with acyclovir as needed (not much - about once or twice per year. )  I also get bi-monthly massage and am lucky enough to trade for one of these.  Also, it is hard to explain how one day you can go walking, or maybe just for 2 hours and then you are zonked out.  DO NOT LET PEOPLE GET YOU DOWN!!  Believe in yourself and God and find people who will not judge you and be negative.  That helps soooo much!!  There is living life well with CFS.  Pay attention to all your body says.  ALSO - GET OFF WHEAT/GLUTEN.  Read Wheat Belly by Davis for help and explanation.  It is sooooo Important to feeling better all the time.  Take care.