Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community
EBV

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Epstein Barr Virus (EBV), chronic EBV, and infectious mononucleosis (mono).

EBV

see what you guys think Ok its like this about 3 years ago i got real sick (could not get out of bed sick) I even had to sell my business. I had sever fatigue,low testosterone, low b-12,psoriasis, peeling hands,loss of control of left leg,  oral thrush, new moles and freckles, lost about 10 lbs, night sweats,fungal rash, periodontal cavities, white sores on side of tung,sores in mouth,and on top of head, went to doctors they suggested i get an hiv test so i did results where neg. after about a month to month and a half i felt somewhat better but still had oral thrush that would not respond to treatment (even I.V. treatment) I also had a lymphocyte transformation to antigens test which said my white blood cells are no longer able to fight candida (a condition usually seen in HIV patient according to my DR) and early on my eosiniphicals (spelling?) where twice what they should be along with my constantly elevated WBC (11.5) also my Blood calcium was high
when i received my labs i had a high white cell count that was about it. i have had every test known to man borderline diabetic and have continued high white count
over the last 3 years i have had about 9 antibody test 2 viral load test ( one at about 7 months and one about 15 months) and a (NAT)at about a year  also just had another negative elisa at 22 months test  all of which are neg. I still have the oral thrush and have been gaining weight over the last year (which i know is not a sign of hiv) but none of the doctors seem to have a clue I have tested for CMV, HTLV 1 and 2 hep,Lyme,autoimmune, hiv, ebstienbar(witch one doctor said i had but another said no way )but my EBV titers have doubled since then also, and lupus. my cd4s where 1560 at 6 months and 1530 at about a year.and 1230 at about 21 months
i am wondering if any of these symptoms could be CEBV
oh i have reoccurring middle ear infections to yea. My children and wife a affected to wife got hpv so bad in 1 years time required surgery to remove (bad surgery cut her up BAD) and my 2 year old is slow to develop small for age has reoccurring ear infections sick allot and has new strange rash on butt(not typical diaper rash), and 8 month old is same 2 year old got hiv tests at 7 months and 1 year (antibody only) wife got a couple hiv tests too
I Still have not found the real cause of my illness, but am somewhat sure it is CFIDS (Good luck getting a DR to back up something most of them do not believe in though)

Hey Chris.... as you know, my EBV titers are off the charts. The CDC says that if you've had symptoms of EBV for over 6 months, then it is time to talk to your physician about CFIDS. Did you know that Cher and many other famous people have CFIDS ? I remember Cher said what caused her symptoms was the Epstein Barr Virus.
I just wish I could get a straight answer. Is this all because of EBV or not? 2 infectious disease DR's say yes and 1 immunologist and another infectious disease DR says no. Can EBV cause my lymphocyte transformation to antigens (candida in particular) to malfunction or not (if so extremely rare)? Why the wife and kids having symptoms if CFIDS can not be contagious?Same for EBV why would they also be so effected since most will not be effected to that degree? I feel like every road I go down ends back at the beginning of where I started. It is very frustrating to deal with this for three years and still not have a real answer!!!  
"Why the wife and kids having symptoms if CFIDS can not be contagious?"

Hey Chris... do you remember that link I sent you on L-form bacteria and how it is transmitted ?

If you have Medicare, you can get tested for CFIDS through Red Labs USA.... they have a website if you would like more information. Also have you checked my website and looked under "diagnostic tests" ?