Effect of antibodies on Mononucleosis symptoms
I first experienced symptoms 9 months ago, although IgM antibodies did appearing until 6 months ago. Whilst my lymphocyte count has long since stabilised, and my antibodies are also normalising (very low IgM count, stable IgG count, however still not positive to EBNA 1) the symptoms are still extreme. I have received many conflicting doctors reports and would greatly appreciate any knowledge or experiences which anyone may be able to share. Is the general consensus that symptoms persist until at least the test to EBNA 1 shows up as positive?

As any fellow sufferers would know, it is an extremely debilitating condition and my mental health has deteriorated significantly. A confirmation that my symptoms of extreme fatigue at this point is entirely normal at this point would be very helpful.
What symptoms are you having? I have been crazy sick for two years now with no end in sight. I have had to get on prednisone and pain pills to even function. After a year and a half of the doctors not being able to figure out anything, I finally figured out with the Veteran Administrations help that I believe that I had contracted Hep A and EBV at the same time. You want to talk about feeling like dying! Although the Hep A has long since cleared the EBV if that what truly is causing my problems has wrecked my world. Burning skin and muscles. Joint pain, muscle pain, exhaustion, and kidney pain in lower back. I am so at the end of my rope. There is hope though. Recently I have read that there is a growing number of doctors and people that are believing that anti virals like Valtrex and such, are effective at combating chronic EBV. I am in the process of trying to convince my doctor that we have nothing to lose to try it. I actually have a small kernel of hope. Check back with me and I will let you know.