Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community
HELP! Epstein Barr

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Epstein Barr Virus (EBV), chronic EBV, and infectious mononucleosis (mono).

HELP! Epstein Barr

I am new in here. My test results shows positive for past Epstein Barr. The doctor said the infection is chronic. I have never had mononucleosis (that I am aware of). A month ago, I started having nausea, dizziness, sensitivity to light, extreme fatigue, swollen throat, breathing problems, brain fog, frequent urination. I would like to know if this is permanent or it will go away (since I have been having this for a month). These symptoms come and go. What treatments are there? vitamins? food?
Unfortunately your symptoms can point to a lot of different sicknesses.  Given that you tested positive for EBV, that's a good place to start.  I certainly think it's possible that all this is caused by EBV; it can be quite a little demon!  However, as ewford said, you don't want to rule out other possibilities until you're sure about them.  The thing I'm kind of wondering is, was it your regular doctor who told you it's chronic?  I would suggest going to an Infectious Disease Specialist; I think they would be a lot more helpful in finding exactly what it is you're dealing with.  Other than that, set aside plenty of time to try to rest as much as possible, eat healthy, and see if that makes any difference at all.
Your symptoms are of Lymes and/or an infectious Mycoplasma.  You need to research IMMED  www.immed.org  and ILADS www.ilads.org to search for Mycoplasma causing chronic intracellular bacterial infections.  Contact ILADS to find a Lyme literate doctor near you who is willing to treat these bacterial infections with ABX
any idea how this might have been contracted?  Out of the ordinary?
Thank you for the link. I´ll check it out.
Yes, it was a regular doctor who told me it was chronic. I set an appointment with a Infectious Disease Specialist.  I have been eating healthy. I try to exercise, although it´s hard because of the fatigue. I am walking half the time I used to do. I have found that fish oil helps me a lot with the brain fog and a little with the fatigue.