Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community
HIV like illness Group

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Epstein Barr Virus (EBV), chronic EBV, and infectious mononucleosis (mono).

HIV like illness Group

This Group is for people suffering from undiagnosed list of symptoms after having an exposure with no answers from doctors , symptoms are much the same between people suffering some have more and some got less but they all meet in at least half of the list will be mentioned . this group will give people a hope and tell them that they are not alone and when we reach a good a number of people we can push for starting a research about our medical condition and not only to keep setting and listening to anxiety stories as people other people did ,, we have a faith and tests that proves we are sick from unknown condition and that why we should never stop searching OUR LIFE OUR CHOICE.. This illness symptoms are : 1) Oral trush (thrush) on my tongue with red spots 2) Enlargement painful lymph node in armpit , nick and groin area (CT scan proved ) 3) Skin rashes on the chest and behind my ears 4) fatigue 5) muscle pain and Joints pain 6) Dry mouth, Oral ulcers 7) stomach ache 8) abdominal pain 9) chest pain 10) shortness of breathing 11) night swets on the beginning of the illness 12) CD 8 is higher than CD 4 and some times CD 4 is less than normal 13) Wight drop at the begging of illness then patient gain some weight after 3 months
group link   http://www.medhelp.org/forums/HIV-like-illness--/show/1436
Hey I'm suffering from the same thing but doing research I think that it is infectious arthritis or some type.  I have a question for you does the joint pain u have is it just in one joint and causes pain then goes to another joint and does the same thing.
you should mention your exposure and symptoms so we can help you
Had unprotected sex and 4 weeks later mild fever/night sweats. Tested Hiv negative at 6 month month mark. Have recently been looking into whether or not this was primary CMV infection.
any other symptoms ? if there are please add them
Every day I got new messages and new cases here and in other website, our number is getting bigger and together we could do something !

We are not alone ! I read some cases back from 1992 with no answers but with new technologies and better ways of communication between patients we can achieve a lot !

Ideas of what could cause our illness would be discussed in our group with ideas from patients in different countries so who see him self in the same category with us can join us in :

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/HIV-like-illness--/show/1436

I have posted this wuestion in the blood disorder forum too

I have swollen lymph nodes in neck and groin aches but hard. constantly tired, joint pain or lymph i don't know, strange feeling in mouth slightly sore on roof , fever , rash on hands and feet.

Im undiagnosed, ive tested for hiv over and at the 16 weeks all negative, and just recieved a negative pcr rna hep b, c,  and hiv at 16 weeks. When i was in hospital they tested me for a lot of things too, but nothing found.

I know its a shot in the dark but is there anyone who could point me in the right direction for testing ? Its taken its toll on me i was hospitalised lost 16lb but have gained 8 back. I dont know what too do.

CD3 (T-Lymph)
Path Report:

CD3 Absolute count     2.50 x 109/L (ref 0.7-2.1)
CD3 % 73% (ref 55-83)

CD8 Absolute     0.72x 109/L (ref 0.2-0.9)
CD8 %     21% (ref 10-39)

CD4 Absolute count     1.83 x 109/L (ref 0.3-1.4)
CD4 %     53% (ref 28-57)

CD4:CD8 Ratio     2.5 (ref 1.0-3.6)

Im constantly dizzy i have a fiance that i have not slept with for four months now suicide has entered my head but im too strong too do that !