Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community
Have I just contracted ebv?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Epstein Barr Virus (EBV), chronic EBV, and infectious mononucleosis (mono).

Have I just contracted ebv?

Hi everyone. I'm currently having fever, sore throat, burning eyes, and I'm very sore. My bf and I have been together for 4 years. Last year he had unprotected sex with someone else. After that he started dripping for days which NEVER happened to us. They both got their std tests and both came out negative although the girl's results came out with a flu like virus. We didnt have intercourse for almost a year just oral .just 2 weeks ago we had unprotected sex and now he's dripping and I'm ill. Anyone with the same experience ? Is this possibly ebv/ mono? Who do you think infected us? Thank you . Awaiting your feedbacks...
I am not a doctor, but could be a lot of things.  I had very high levels of EBV.  I started feeling the effects of EBV in October-2012 and am still fighting it but getting better.  Go to your primary care and have them test for mono, EBV, and CMV.  My symptoms were:  fatigue, nausea, lack of appetite, lightheadedness (sometimes but not always).

If you have EBV, make sure you REST!  I was not given this guidance and continued to exercise which just made things so much worse.  As you will read on the message boards, there is no cure for EBV.  It has to run its course.

You will probably never know what infected you.  I am married with kids, so it wasn't from people outside of my family.
I got sick in october too,symptoms:all of them, everyone has got epstein barr, problem happens when something makes it come out again, because once you got the virus you will carry it forever, ebv is the main cause for mono, so you can get mono from infected saliva, mono goes away in 4 weeks, but ebv can be bothering you for a long time, take a test for ebv,cmv,hhv6, and mono