Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community
High EBNA

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Epstein Barr Virus (EBV), chronic EBV, and infectious mononucleosis (mono).

High EBNA

Hi guys

Almost a year ago I had a protected vaginal and unprotected receptive oral sex encounter with an HIV positive woman. I tested out to six months for HIV, my last test being an antibody and RNA PCR test both coming back negative. My ID doc also tested me for Lyme and tons of other stuff and the only thing he could find was I had unusually high EBNA antibodies. He believes I caught the EBV virus from the woman and that it is the primary cause of all my symptoms.

I have read about EBV and I haven't presented with any of the typical symptoms. I've had chronic constipation and aches in my left arm that radiate into my hand. If I hold my legs and arms up for too long it's like the blood thickens and sits there and my limbs fall asleep. I remember when I first got sick my vision blurred for a week and I lost my appetite. The only lingering symptoms I have now are occasional sharp head pains, the constipation and the radiating pains in my left arm and hands. I also get a horrible pain in the right side of my chest if I stand on my feet for long hours (which my job requires me to do so) and I always want to sleep.

Has anyone had similar experiences with ebv? What can I do for the constipation and pain in my arms? My doc told me to take aleve and that there was nothing much I could do. My quality of life is really suffering I've been like this for a year now!