Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community
I'm so confused

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Epstein Barr Virus (EBV), chronic EBV, and infectious mononucleosis (mono).

I'm so confused

I have been searching on here and other sites to try and figure out what I'm up against. 4 weeks ago I had a lymph node in my groin area that got to be the size of a golf ball. Painful and so uncomfortable! No exaggeration either. My doctor measured it and put me on anti inflammatories and antibiotics. A week later the swelling went down but she reexamined me and said it was about the size of a pecan and decided to aspirate.     She thought it was an abscess until she stuck this HUGE 18g needle in it and no fluid was present. She sent the tissue sample for biopsy and it came back negative for cancer but to re biopsy if it doesn't go away. Well guess what? Still there. It makes me nauseas to even touch it. She referred me to my GYN since she is my PCP and didn't really know what else to do. Fast forward my GYN said he was concerned and ran some blood tests to see if he could find the cause and made an appointment for a general surgeon. He ran an EBV panel and my results are weird. My EB VCA IGG is 527 u/ml  (22.0 positive) EBNA IGG >600.0 u/ml (22.0 positive) the VCA IGM, EBV early antigen, and mono spot were negative. The CBC was relatively normal.  I have also been HSV2 positive for a little over a year.  Are these numbers extremely high or am I just freaking myself out?? Can anybody help?