Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community
Is it EBV?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Epstein Barr Virus (EBV), chronic EBV, and infectious mononucleosis (mono).

Is it EBV?

Beginning about 1988, and maybe even before that, I have been having periods where I feel tired and achy all over, and all I want to do is lie around and sleep.  I have been to doctors several times, and the ONLY abnormality that has ever been found is a positive monospot.  I'm in school full-time, and I have a teenage son with autism, and I can't afford to keep getting sick.  I live in the Atlanta area and have seriously considered finding an EBV specialist to get this ruled in or ruled out once and for all.
Tags: TIRED, sick, ebv
Well the way you know you have mono is the mono spot plus sore throat and swollen lymph nodes usually in the neck. Most of the time with the first time you get it you have a fever as well. How long ago did you have a positive mono spot? Mono itself can last about 1-2 months. If it has been longer than that you could see a infectious disease specialist.
mkh9