Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community
Lymph nodes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Epstein Barr Virus (EBV), chronic EBV, and infectious mononucleosis (mono).

Lymph nodes

What is the best treatment or should I say the best thing to stop the pain in my lymph nodes?

How long have you been ill and what are your symptoms ? As far as treatment for lymph node pain.... the only treatment options that I can think of is taking OTC painkillers or lymph drainage massage.
Thanks I have been doing the OTC and heatpads--helps some.  I have been sick for about 6 months but only went to the doc 1st of May. I knew something was wrong fever everyday, tired sore throat, sweating like I have never before and short of breath. So I went to doc for short of breath  May 1st due to family history of bad hearts and cancer. I am the sole caregiver for my finance who is a stroke patient with left side paralysis so I thought that was why I was so tired. Heart turned out great but found nodule on lung and on thyroid and a large cyst on thyroid. Doc said we would watch all and have another ct 1st of July.   But 1st of June still not feeling better and felt like cyst was getting bigger so I went back to the Doc . He did another ct to check lymph nodes in neck said everything looked okay. So he did blood work and said I have mono. Great-- I am 46 years old and falling apart. Mono who would have thought it.  I am sorry this is long but alot tied together. This week lymph nodes decided to swell up and hurt. Didn't know I was this bad until they started running test. I told my doc guess it is all in my head I am going crazy!!!!!!! First time in my life to take anti-depressants due to trying to quick smoking due to lung thing.

Wow... you are going through a lot right now. Has your physician ruled out thyroid cancer ? If not, I would consider speaking with him/her about this and make sure that he/she has performed all of the necessary tests.

There are many people who post on these boards who get EBV and then have an abnormal thyroid test. The majority of CFS patients have a low thyroid, but the standard thyroid tests (TSH and T4) fail to detect this.

Since you've been ill for 6 months, you may want to consider seeing a physician who is interested in chronic EBV and CFS. You can google "Co Cure's Good Doctor List" for a list of physicians in your area who frequently diagnose and treat these conditions. There are supplements and other things that you can do to help your immune system as well.

Keep me posted, okay ?

Warmest Regards,

~PlateletGal
Yes I am going through alot right now.  So I just take one day at a time. Who knows today maybe better than tomorrow. lol

My doc is going to do another ultra sound on my thyroid the first of July to see if the cyst is shrinking and if the nodules are growing are not. And then go from there. But I figure the ct that I have on lung will also show alot on thyroid gland.

My doc is very good and he will send me to someone else if need be.

I checked out the doctors in my area and the closest one is about 300 miles away. I live in Alabama so not many to chose from.

But I did feel better today!!!!! Hope you are having a good day!!! And thanks for the info!!

Fashiono  

You're welcome. I hope that you have many more good days and that you get well soon. Keep us posted !