Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community
Mono or something else?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Epstein Barr Virus (EBV), chronic EBV, and infectious mononucleosis (mono).

Mono or something else?

Abusepossibly Mono ,hiv or hepatitis B?
by jalebi22, 43 minutes ago
Hi, I am a 37 year old male in USA,had condom protected sex with CSW but condom broke and noticed after ejaculation inside the vagina.After 2 weeks I started having diarr and 3rd week I felt  soreness in neck,armpits and behind knees and on my hand next to thumb.Also I was very tired and lethargic, couldd't sleep at night and white spot on the tongue,muscle aches,10-14 weeks I had sorethroat,stiff neck and rash on the hand that stayed for 2weeks.White spot on tongue appeared again and goes away within 2-3 days.Also my stomach maked funny noises all the time and I am having soft stools from last 3 months.On the trunk I got some pimple like  spots that stay for 2 -3 weeks then go away.
I tested for HIV 1/2 on 4 week, 8 week, 13 week from labcorp aldo on week 14  with oraquick- all negative.
Also on 5 th week hiv  pcr rna test was negative.
I never had flu/fever during this time.
I am so confused and lost.
I asked Dr. Edwards-, he advised me not to test any more for HIV  and asked me to believe my test results.
Tested negative for hepatits,clamydia (chlamydia), gonorhea,mono,syphilis on 5 week after exposure.
Please advise.
  Also I want to add My son who is 7 year old had his groin lymph nodes and under theneck were swollen at the same time and has enlarged tonsils.
Hi  anybody any input,please.
Well sounds like your Doctor is doing a good job testing for the major stuff.  Has anything improved for you yet?  Does sound somewhat like mono, I know you can get false negative tests with mono.
dont forget stress. you have probably ebv (mono) no hiv no lymphoma. believe me its not so easy to get hiv especially in your case. just take care of your self eat well rest and you will get better soon.
I am keep getting sore throat  on and off, and painful leg muscles.Also 2 weeks ago I got pain behind my both ears.Is is common in MONO.Please respond.
do EBV igm and igg. monospot could give false negative. dont worry i had exactly what you had and was all stress in my case, i did every blood test in the world and all was ok now after 3 month i am perfect. if you have EBV you have to take vitamins eat well rest a lot and avoid stress. i hope you will feel better.