More and more lymph node swelling
Hi everyone.

I'm 22 and had glandular fever/mono in Feburary. I initially tested negative but after not getting better and still suffering from lymph node swelling and fatigue (and all the other symptoms I'm sure you are all unfortunately aware of), the GP did the EBV test and I showed up positive for having had the infection.

I know that I'm just passing the two month mark for having EBV but I'm getting worried about the number of lymph nodes that are still swelling up. Has anyone else had multiplying numbers of nodes flaring up over a prolonged period?

My GP led me to believe that it takes a long time for the nodes to die down and some may never full go away. However, over the past few weeks several more have become palpable (but not painful) in my lower abdomen, below my naval. I have also had some flare up in my breast (these are more painful). All are palpable, moving but fairly hard nodes. These new ones are all alongside nodes in my groin and neck. The last time I was at the GPs, she only felt the neck and groin nodes and she said they feel okay and doesn't think they need to be scanned. Should I go back and get these new ones checked out?

Another symptom I have been having is pelvic pain and sometimes some numbness. My mum (an ex theatre nurse) says this is probably caused by swollen nodes pressing on other organs and nerves. Have other people experienced this sort of thing?

I'm desperately trying not to worry because I'm in my final year of university and need to be focusing on my studies but it's constantly at the back of my mind that I have loads of swollen nodes (especially those ones in my breast) plus all the general malaise that is still going.

I'd be massively grateful for your thoughts and experiences. I'm getting so frustrated by EBV now. :-(.

Jessica.
i got tested last year march (ebv +ve) it took about 5 month for the symptom go away, my right tonsil did not return to its normal size, this year february it reactivated and i can tell you up to this day more lymph nodes keep sweling, the ones in my neck are most swollen i can feel them by touching them, yesterday the ones in my legs and armpits started.

So i think it will be 5 or 6 months before it all goes back to normal, if it will.
It is very frustrating it drives me mad, but its waiting game, we jst have to wait it out.