Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community
My dad has EBV help!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Epstein Barr Virus (EBV), chronic EBV, and infectious mononucleosis (mono).

My dad has EBV help!

My dad has Ebv, it's horrible he gets so angry and mean, He won't even talk, and if he does it's something messed up. Is there anything anybody knows that really helps? please? It's so hard to live with him when he just sleeps and screams.
Tags: ebv, help
I can appreciate the mood problems.  Have you heard of blue light therapy?  I do not know if I can put links in here but if you do a web search for blue light and SAD (seasonal affective disorder), there have been studies done about its effectiveness, or search for blue light and depression.  Blue light may also have other benefits...

It is said to help especially more if someone does not get sunshine outside or during the winter months when there is less sunlight in general.  It is a good non prescription pain free method and you can get one online for about $100.   I am not trying to profit here I am just letting you know about something.
I have a reactivation of EBV with symptoms of heart palpitations, extreme fatigue, anxiety, low stress tolerance, body aches, headaches, head pressure etc.  I have many more symptoms but won't go on and on.  I only found relief when I saw a Naturopathic Doctor which is a N.D.  She ordered the correct blood tests (a Viral Panel) on the first visit which revealed a reactivation of EBV.  A Naturopathic Doctor in your area might help!  I had seen many M.D's, a cardiologist, General Practitioners, Psychiatrist, Therapist etc. After seeing about 5-6 M.D.'s over the course of about 1 year I still had no relief and was getting progressively worse that I had to go on medical leave from my job.  Only after seeing the Naturopath did I start to see results of feeling better.  A Naturopathic Doctor in your area may provide the help needed! You can Google them to find in your area.