Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community
My test numbers - they arent anything close to the rest of your EBV num...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Epstein Barr Virus (EBV), chronic EBV, and infectious mononucleosis (mono).

My test numbers - they arent anything close to the rest of your EBV number

Okay so in mid August I was told I have a REactivation of chronic EBV. I had no clue I even had EBV. Anyways, I was sick for a couple of weeks and still not 100 percent. But as I was looking at other people's numbers on here, I noticed my numbers are NO where near the rest of yours. So how do I have EBV reactivated. I have had 4 doctors tell me it is EBV reactivated. Here they are.

EBV VCA IgG  - Result >170 ----Range should be <18 The lab Flagged me high on this
EBV EA Antibody - Result 99 ----Range should be <18 The lab flagged me high on this
EBV NA Antibody - Result 22 ----Range should be <18 The lab flagged me high on this
EBV VCA IgM - Result 7----Range should be <18

What do all my numbers mean?

All of your numbers seem much higher. So I wonder what kind of test are they running on me? This is really weird. God I hope its correct and not something else like HIV. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
I believe the numbers depend on what lab does the blood test for your doctor. Your range is 18 and lower for the EBV test that was performed on you. My good range was 99 and lower. So I believe your numbers are somewhat comparative to the rest of ours and an indication that EBV has been reactivated in your system.

If you are concerned about HIV, I would suggest getting the test done. I did, but it was a few months later after I already knew my EBV numbers. HIV was negative for me but it's something just to rule out for peace of mind.

Can't tell you how to treat the stuff yet. I'm still learning. However, I think I had some positive results with a natural formula called Microbojen developed by a doctor husband and wife team of the last name Jernigan. Their website is jnutra (*******). PlateletGal on this forum is a good source of information and very helpful.
i acutally did take an HIV test and it was NEG.

Here are some good links below. Since it appears that you could have reactivated EBV, I would strongly recommend considering seeing a physician who knows about CFS. The reason why is CFS experts are saying that the sooner you treat CFS, the better. In fact, some physicians now are prescribing an anti-viral medication when a patient is diagnosed with mono. An estimated 10% of people with mono are ending up getting CFS. If you don't have CFS now... you don't want it.

There is a list of physicians around the country who routinely treat CFS patients and in my opinion, I would recommend checking out the list and seeing if there is a physician in your area. If you are interested, you can google "Co Cure's Good Doctor List" and you will immediately find the link.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/617926 --- discussion of treatments for EBV and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/diseases/ebv.htm --- interpreting EBV results (confusing and not much helpful... but somewhat helpful)

P.S. ~ In early October, Garth Nicholson, Ph.D., will be joining us in the fibro / CFS forum to answer all of our questions related to EBV, CFS and fibromyalgia. In addition to those illnesses, his institute (The Institute for Molecular Medicine) has also been studying Gulf War Syndrome, some autoimmune conditions and he worked as a HEM/ONC physician !  I hope that you will join us. I will make a public accouncement in this community and in the fibro / CFS forum days before.