Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community
Please help! Some results given, can give more if asked.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Epstein Barr Virus (EBV), chronic EBV, and infectious mononucleosis (mono).

I had a sore throat for a couple of weeks and on December 21st my throat was so sore, and my tonsils had swollen so badly that they were squishing against my Uvula, so on December 22nd, I went to Urgent Care. For any doctors here, I'll highlight what are in boxes: LKCS 13.6, ABSOLUTE LYMPHS 7.6, ABS MONOS 1.0, AST 61, ALT 64 (I'm assuming boxed ones are ones of concern since there's an H in the "fagged" column next to it).

Anyways. so I was prescribed codeine to be take every 4-6 hours. In about 2 weeks after I was diagnosed on the 22nd, I was feeling better, but my spleen would hurt if I walked too much. I went to the doctor 2 weeks ago, and he said I could drink again because he couldn't feel my spleen. I was fine until about a week ago when my throat went scratchy, I got 3 white spots on my tonsils (which didn't swell much), red spots on my tongue and became sort of tired again.

My problem: I've been talking to this guy I met when I went to visit my friend out of town for 6 months on February 4th. He has asked me to hang out multiple times as he has a car and he could come pick me up for a weekend thing, but I've always said no. He asked me to hang out again on February 8th. Thing is, I feel as though we are going to kiss (most), but I want to know a bit more of an accurate percentage I'll pass it on. I don't exactly know how to say "I have mono" then  explain how I got it (I honestly got it the most innocent way. While I was working at a daycare).

I also just started yesterday (sort of) coughing up small amounts of phlegm/mucus. It's happening more today, and it's white. If this goes away before next Friday, is it safe to say that I'll be okay?

Thank you for your help!