Scared of mono or other disease from sharing a sip of a drink with a stranger
I commented to a person I never met before (but that I was supposed to meet) that their drink looks interesting and the person said take your straw and try it. I did that, it was an icy drink and I put my own straw in it on the side that she hadn't drank from and took a sip.

I'm worried as the Internet says risk of MONO, bacteria, HSV is very high when sharing drinks. she was also drinking from a straw and wondering if saliva backflow is the risk here. When they say sharing drinks do they mean from the same spot on a glass or the same straw or just dipping into the same liquid?

What's the risk as waiting 4-6 weeks is kind of long to get calmed down.
You have to get saliva in your mouth usally from kissing to get mono. Since you used a different straw I would worry about any of these. Very unlikely risk. When they say HSV is high when sharing drinks that is if you used the same straw.