Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community
Sever Fatigue High b12 neg. for Mono

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Epstein Barr Virus (EBV), chronic EBV, and infectious mononucleosis (mono).

Sever Fatigue High b12 neg. for Mono

Help, over the past 3 weeks I have had extreme fatigue, dizziness, heart palpitations, nausea, faintness all my blood work is coming back normal no signs of infection no mono, no hepatitis, liver function is normal the only abnormal is my B12 level which is above the normal high and is currently at 962 pg/mL I am grasping at straws here trying to figure it out
Well, If your range is up to 900 for B12, it is not that high over the maximum range. But still it is unusual to have a high B12.  So you had a complete blood count too (CBC)? if that was normal and since your liver was normal. Those are two main things they worry about. It depends on if your CBC was normal. Have you had an EKG to check your heart? If the EKG is normal do you feel your heart race or skip beats or flutter? etc. You could get a 24 hour monitor. You could have an arrhythmia and check for structural problems too to rule it out with an echocardiogram. I know I felt lousy when I was having lots of palpitations. I had a benign palpitations called PAC's but there are others. I had to quit coffee, and cut down on sugar too. One of my meds was also causing this. Once, I got them all out of my system I started feeling better. You have already tested negative for EBV right? You said no mono so you weren't ever exposed then to EBV?  Have you checked your thyroid? If not I would get your TSH done.  I was very fatigued with my hypothyroidism. It just came on all of a sudden. I didn't have it as a kid. I got it last year. I am still adjusting the meds but starting to get energy back.  I also had vertigo they say it could be my migraines or the thyroid. Your faintness could be heart related or low blood pressure or even high blood pressure. Do you know what your bp is? Sometimes if you blood sugar is too low or high it can also cause that too. I don't  know all the stuff you had done but these are some of the things to think about.
How are you feeling now Jill?

Are you feeling better since September?