Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community
Shrinking Penis- ebv

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Epstein Barr Virus (EBV), chronic EBV, and infectious mononucleosis (mono).

Shrinking Penis- ebv

I am 30 years old, and have been impotent for about 2 years now. Ever since I got ebv again it takes my body longer to recover after sports, etc. 2 years ago, I was absolutely fine.  I could have sex as many times as I wanted to.  3 times a night would be no problem.  I woke up with erections, and if I didn't have sex I would masturbate in the morning and before I went to bed.  

It is a different story now however.  No morning wood.  No libido.  If I am able to get an erection it doesn't last long.  Visual stimuli has no effect, I have to use my hand and that doesn't work very well.  When flacid, my penis is smaller now.  The skin feels different--less sensitive.  I see veins where I couldn't see any before.  When I walk around, it feels like I don't even have a penis anymore.  It feels like nothing is there.  As a result of this I have lost my girlfriend, my confidence in life, and I think I am losing my mind. I can't live anymore like this.

Does anyone have this random issue? Know a dr?
Tags: penis, ebv
You sound exactly like me...

Have you been diagnosed with EBV or mono recently?

I'm 33 and have been dealing with this any many other secondary symptoms of EBV for the past 3 or 4 years.

The last 2 years have been a mess.
Have any of you gotten your testosterone checked? FSH, LH, free testosterone, bioavailable testosterone, estrogen levels and the like. Joining a group here about low T or a yahoo group. They can help advise the tests that are available to help you and what happens if someone decides to go on T therapy.  A lot of it is how much T your body is converting into estrogen. Giving it more T under this circumstance really isn't the best option at that point. Again, there are others in the groups that know much more about this than I do..
David
Im also facing the same for last two months along with many other symptoms,dizziness,glandular fever,light sensitiveness etc.. feeling worst now because of ebv.