Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community
Swelling of ankle, fluid filled blisters looks like burns, red rash.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Epstein Barr Virus (EBV), chronic EBV, and infectious mononucleosis (mono).

Hi, my husband works in a sillicone factory were they make hard molds and parts out of liquid sillicone, I dont know if his job has anything to do with his condition but recently his right ankle has swollen 3 to 4 times its size and ankle is solid and hard as if its in the bone. and all of a sudden broke out with this red rash and fluid filled blisters mainly on the inside of right leg, looks like burns. He does not recall coming in contact with any chemicals or getting sillicone on his leg. Also the skin itches bad and turns dry and scaley. Hes been working there for aprox 6 months and during this time he has had 2 staff infections, one on side of waist and one on the arm by wrist that took awhile to heal but finally did. But he had got a bad staff infection on his back aprox 2 years ago,real bad, and he wasnt even working there. He said he shattered his ankle aprox 5 years ago but not shure if that would contribute for he doesnt believe he sprained it or hurt it again. Also he doesnt have a splean due to removal after car accident many years ago. Dont know if that means anything towards it. He is prone to severe ackne on back and chest at times, if thats what it is becouse they are always big and fluid filled and take forever to heal, looks almost just like the blisters at times. hes had that since he was a child. This swelling of right ankle and seeping Blisters is new, left leg is fine. Also he has severe athletes foot on both feet that wont go away its been so bad that he literally scratches the top layer of skin right off. Hes tried everything, antibiotic creams, alcohole, peroxide, (not together of course) but nothing seems to help. His company only provides medicall with only 5 visits a year so were trying to figure out what type of doctor for him to go see, If you have any suggestions, and any ideas of what might be going on with him. He seems to usually be pretty healthy, eats right ect. Oh dont know if this will help but he does have a couple  disks in back that does bother him at times and he is a recovering alcohalic-addict of 7 months, dont know if that helps Any suggestions please let me know...Thanks Mom of 2